Monday, January 7, 2013

Movie #6- "Django Unchained" (2012)


Cutting the trailer for a Tarantino film has to be a fun, yet difficult job.  Here's a director that stuffs his work with so many great lines, colorful characters, and wonderful shots.  I guess the violence and language does limit your choices (unless it's a red-banded trailer), upping the difficult factor.  The trailer did its job, priming me for the next Tarantino experience.
You may notice I had the opportunity to see a couple films in the theater over the weekend in an attempt to play catch-up from the holiday glut.  So many anticipated films, and I still have "The Hobbit" on the list.  In terms of "Django Unchained", Tarantino did not disappoint.  I'm sure the running time will scare a few people (165 minutes) as will the subject matter, but despite a couple slower moments, "Django" moves.  The violence is over-the-top (the blood really sprays) and it produced one of the biggest laughs I've had at a movie in a while.  I would love to see Tarantino during the creative process, beyond just the ideas.  His actors seem to have fun (especially Christoph Waltz and Leonardo DiCaprio), and that vibe is infectious with the audience.  Can't wait to see where he goes next.

Rating: 9/10
Movies I've previously seen: 1
First time viewings: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment